- People who are impatient usually have difficulty resisting the need for immediate gratification. Sometimes they seem to be impulsive. Studies have shown that meditation helps with this. The silent witness meditation technique is especially helpful in this instance.
- The most famous quote about patience equates it with love: “Love is patient” (See 1 Corinthians 13:4).
- If you don’t have patience, you may find it difficult to reach your goals. Usually challenges and obstacles arise after setting important goals. As we know, physicians recommend the regular practice of meditation to help develop patience, determination and be able to handle the stress that comes along with trying to rise above challenges and ultimately reach the goals a person has set for themselves.
- People with patience follow the motto, “if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.” People who lack patience tend to quit when things get difficult. Meditation techniques such as the silent witness, help a person to take a 3rd party view of what's taking place in their life, they take the position of observer and therefore are able to remain aloof and seperate from; the stress they may be experiencing. This obviously has tremendous benefits.
- Getting impatient won’t make things move along any faster, so why get worked up?
- All things come round to him who will but wait. — Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Like farmers we need to learn that we cannot sow and reap the same day. –Anonymous
- Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. –Jean Jacques Rousseau
- He that can have patience can have what he will. –Benjamin Franklin
- Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour. –Ovid
- How poor are they who have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees. –Shakespear
- One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life. –Chinese Proverb
- Patience is the companion of wisdom. –St. Augustine
- You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance. –Franklin P. Jones
- Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead. –Mac McCleary
- “Rome was not built in a day” Like the building of Rome, in times of stress, just stay the course and be patient.
Visit our sister blog here: www.ymsau.blogspot.com.au
See you in class soon :)